Sep 3, 2009

My Prayers To God

O God,
I've done a lot of good deeds so far in my life.
I gave a portion of my riches to the poor,
even though some of them are just trying to cheat me of my wealth.
I gave them with my best wishes,
and I care about nothing more.

O God,
I advised the unknowing and fought for you,
even though I'm not worshiping you,
They may fight me for who I am,
but they may not understand,
my purpose and hopes for them.

O God,
I fasted and followed almost everything you inscribed in your forever Holy Book,
though I know I'm not going to get any rewards in the Hereafter,
but I'm not doing it for the sake of your Rewards.
I'm doing this for the sake of your people.
To let them know the importance to follow your commands.

O God,
How much can I prove my honesty in my words and prayers,
you know best of everything that you've created.
Although you may have mentioned that people regardless of their religion,
would be rewarded in this world but not in the Hereafter.

O God,
Don't blind me up with emotion and passions,
and please do not give me too much feelings of love towards the opposite sex,
I pray to you not because to ask for my soul mate,
I ask you for courage to stand with my current identity,
in the path of truth-searching and the war on your enemies.
And finally, let me place myself as your loyal servant.

O God,
the honesty in this prayer might not be appealing to some,
and I do not need to gain their beliefs on me,
but I'll let you judge,
hopefully, my sensitive nature will be able to sense,
what you're trying to tell me.
If you would have rewards for me in this world,
I pray to you,
to substitute this into the light of truth,
that shines the path of my family.
Family first, before you'll shine on me.
Who am I if they are not one of your servants?

No comments: